Brookline Police: Boston Marathon 2014 Public Safety Information
• Beacon Street: The eastbound side of Beacon Street will be barricaded along both curbs for the entire length of Beacon St. This will be the first time this has happened. It will strongly impact pedestrian crossings. The reason is to accommodate the large number of runners expected this year. The corridor will be connected to the City of Boston barricade plan at both Cleveland Circle and Audubon Circle. ALL vehicular traffic will be restricted from traveling on or across Beacon St beginning at 9:00 AM. Beacon St. is expected to be closed until approximately 7 PM.
• Parking: The parking reservations on both the east and westbound side of Beacon St. will be posted "Tow Zones." Towing will begin at 7:30am on April 21st. Reception zones will be maintained on all streets intersecting Beacon; these zones will be clearly marked "Tow Zones," and will be for emergency vehicle use only. Parking restrictions in these zones will be based on the topography of the surrounding neighborhoods. Tow zones will be posted in the next few days so be on the lookout for signs, especially along the following roads: Beacon St, St Mary’s St, Carlton St, Hawes St, Borland St, Kent St, Marshall St, St. Paul St, Charles St, Harvard St, Sewall Ave, Webster St, Longwood Ave, Park St, Marion St, Washington St, Fairbanks, University Rd, Winthrop Rd, Tappan St, Dean St, and Strathmore Rd.
• Cookouts: there is to be no propane near the Marathon course.
• Pedestrian Crossing: There will be designated pedestrian cross areas on Beacon St. that will give limited access based on the flow of runners, only if no danger or obstruction to runners exists. The Police area supervisor will oversee the operation of these crossings—Beacon Street at Dean, Washington, Winchester, Harvard, St. Paul, and Carlton Streets.
• Spectator Advisory: We would like to reiterate the MEMA Advisory of March 10th: "Officials want spectators to be especially vigilant and report any suspicious items or activity. We are asking that you leave backpacks, containers with more than 1 liter of liquid, handbags or packages, bulky items, large blankets and sleeping bags, props including sporting, military and fire gear, costumes covering the face or bulky outfits and weapons at home. Spectators are also encouraged to carry their items in clear plastic bags." To contact the Brookline Police dial 617-730-2222 or 911 in case of an Emergency. Please do not use Social Media to report suspicious activity or crimes.
• The projected weather looks great for fans and we expect a large show of supporters, even larger than in prior years. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us make this a fun and safe family event.
For more information about the Boston Marathon please visit the Boston Athletic Association Website
Welcome to the Brookline Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Brookline Chamber of Commerce is to promote and advance the continued success of Brookline as a thriving community in which to live, work and do business. The Chamber takes a leadership role in the business community for Growth, Advocacy, Information and Networking.
- The Chamber is committed to promoting growth in Brookline by encouraging the economic success of Brookline businesses, professions and organizations.
- The Chamber is committed to the economic prosperity and success of its members, offering a wide range of member benefits.
- The Chamber is committed to adding value to the community through advocacy with local and state governments - supporting economic vitality and promoting a healthy, competitive business environment.
- The Chamber is a non-profit organization representing the diverse interests of Brookline businesses, professions, and organizations.
- The Chamber offers a wide range of quality programs, educational lectures, events, and correspondence that offer information to and about member businesses to improve business visibility, outreach, and marketing.
- The Chamber is a central information source for consumers and businesses.
- The Chamber hosts events and programs throughout the year to promote networking and develop strategic relationships.
Brookline Chamber of Commerce ~ Open for Business
The Brookline Chamber of Commerce is an independent, non-political organization, not affiliated with any other Chamber of Commerce, locally or nationally.