Job Opening: Admin Extraordinaire
The Brookline Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an Administrative Coordinator with a “can-do” attitude. The Administrative Coordinator’s role spans: membership management, public relations, social media, bookkeeping, communications, and event support.
The ideal candidate is someone who: has experience using QuickBooks, can prioritize tasks; takes initiative; likes to coordinate several projects at once; is thoughtful, kind, and has a good sense of humor; and enjoys interacting with and being a part of the community. The position offers opportunities to engage and collaborate with local businesses and Town of Brookline officials. Interest in the Town is a plus. Out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem solving are welcomed! This is a grass roots position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing ongoing administrative work (such as mailings, billing, processing payments, ordering supplies); performing website updates; implementing a weekly communication strategy of email and social media updates; creating flyers and graphics; assisting with event planning and execution; and other general office tasks as needed. Position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week. The hourly rate is $12-$14 per/hr., benefits not included.
Flexible schedule, with occasional evenings and some early morning work related to events is required.
Experience and Skills Desired:
Office, Events, and Bookkeeping
- 2-4 years working in an office environment.
- Experience as first point of contact for phone inquiries and business activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word and Excel required. Powerpoint desirable.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, learning Quickbooks. accounts receivable/billing experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Communications and Social Media
- Familiarity with Word Press desired.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media strongly desired. Interest in learning about social media strategies for businesses desired.
- Design/creative background helpful.
- Constant Contact or other email newsletter program familiarity desired.
- Knowledge of Google suite of apps desired.
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Knowledge of Chambermaster database ideal; interest in learning required.
The above position description is not meant to be all-inclusive, as the job description is continually evolving as the Chamber grows and technology changes.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.