- Are you adept at using Quickbooks?
- Do you enjoy bookkeeping, social media marketing, and event administration?
- Do you live within 10 miles of Brookline?
The Brookline Chamber of Commerce is searching for an Administrative Coordinator with a “can-do” attitude. The Administrative Coordinator’s role spans: membership management, public relations, social media, bookkeeping, communications, and event support. Position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is someone who: has experience using QuickBooks, can prioritize tasks; takes initiative; likes to coordinate several projects at once; is kind, has a good sense of humor; and enjoys interacting with and being a part of the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing ongoing administrative work (such as mailings, billing, processing payments, database updating, ordering supplies); maintaining website updates; implementing a weekly communication strategy of email and social media updates; creating flyers and graphics; assisting with event planning and execution; and other office tasks as needed.
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week. The hourly rate is $15 per/hr., benefits not included. Flexible schedule, with some evening and early morning event participation required.
Experience and Skills Desired:
Office, Events, and Bookkeeping
- 2-4 years working in an office environment.
- Experience as first point of contact for phone inquiries and business activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word and Excel required. Powerpoint desirable.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, accounts receivable/billing.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Communications and Social Media
- Familiarity with Word Press desired.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media strongly desired. Interest in learning about social media strategies for businesses desired.
- Design/creative background helpful.
- Constant Contact or other email newsletter program familiarity desired.
- Knowledge of Google suite of apps desired.
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Knowledge of Chambermaster database ideal; interest in learning required.
The above position description is not meant to be all-inclusive, as the job description is continually evolving as the Chamber grows and technology changes. Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.