Breakfast of Champions: Celebrating Brookline’s Robert Kraft, Owner of the New England Patriots & Winners of The Chamber’s “Best of Brookline Business” Awards
On Thursday morning, September 22nd, at the Coolidge Corner Theatre, in Brookline, MA, guests of the Brookline Chamber’s Breakfast of Champions were regaled by Robert Kraft’s stories about growing up in Brookline and managing winning businesses and sports teams. Scott Kirsner, Boston Globe Business Columnist, asked intriguing questions. Mr. Kraft’s responses were candid, casual, and inspiring. Before the Program began, attendees snapped photos in front of the Super Bowl Trophy and enjoyed breakfast treats from Otto Pizza, Union Square Donuts, Zaftigs, Michael’s Deli, Vine Ripe Grill, Cheryl Ann’s, Whole Foods Market Brookline, and Stop & Shop.
Robert Kraft presented the Chamber’s 2016 Best Business Awards to the Award Winners, including:
- Business of the Year: Longwood Dental Group, accepting the award, Dana Lazowski
- Small Business of the Year: Brookline Booksmith, accepting the award, Peter Win
- Nonprofit Business of the Year: Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation, accepting the award, Katherine Tallman
- Business Person of the Year: David Leschinsky
- Champion of the Year: Elmon Hendrickson
- Bon Appetit Award: The Paris Creperie, accepting the award, Chuck Silverston and Nick Mallia
- New Business of the Year: Olive Connection, accepting the award, Morry, Carol, and CJ Sapoznik
The Award Nominating Committee was comprised of: Anne Roth Meyers, Committee Chair; Ben Franco; Frank Caro; Casey Hatchett; and Ken Goldstein.
Photos by Debra Rose